Track and field teams prepare for statewide division meet
As baseball, girls lacrosse, and tennis wrapped up competition in this year’s Central Mass. championships (see results at right), the boys and girls outdoor track and field teams joined the four other schools of the Midland-Wachusetts D League—Clinton, Littleton, Tyngsborough, and Gardner—for league championship meets at Clinton High School May 18.
In the competition, the girls placed second with 109.5 points. Sophomore Isabel Jackson won the 1-mile with a time of 5 minutes, 47.19 seconds, and junior Grace Beckett won the pole vault with a 10-foot jump. Littleton won the event with 208 points, but Bromfield athletes ran strong second and third finishes in many of the track events.
The boys placed third in the league championship with 114 points. Junior Colin Harte won the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.32 seconds.
Junior Jack Stahl won the 800-meter run with a time of 2:00.29, with Sam Secor right behind to win second place with a time of 2:00.72.
Junior Christopher Demetros won the pole vault, soaring 12 feet, 6 inches.
Littleton won the Mid-Wach championship with 180.5 points.
Eleven Bromfield girls, including members of the 4x800-meter relay team, have qualified to compete in the statewide Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Division 6 track and field tournament scheduled for Thursday, May 25, through Saturday, May 27, at Westfield State University. Eighth-grader Satria Sikochi qualified for the pentathlon as well.
Nine boys have qualified for the Division 6 tournament, including members of both the 4x400-meter and 4x800-meter relay teams.
Boys baseball (league 12-2, all 12-4)
- 5/17 @Maynard, 3-2 loss
- 5/23 Central Mass. Championship consolation game vs. Sutton, 3-2 win
- 5/26 Central Mass. championship consolation game @Advanced Math and Science Academy (at Stevens Field, Marlborough), 3:45 p.m.
Girls lacrosse (3-9, 5-11)
- 5/16 @Wachusett Regional, 24-14 loss
- 5/18 @Littleton, 17-9 win
- 5/23 Central Mass. championship quarterfinal @Algonquin, 23-14 loss
- 5/24 Central Mass. championship consolation game @Nashoba Regional, NA
End of regular season
Boys outdoor track (0-3, 0-4)
- 5/18 Mid-Wach D meet. Boys placed third with 114 points.
- 5/25-5/27 MIAA Division 6 state championships (at Westfield State). Nine Bromfield boys have qualified for this statewide MIAA event.
Girls outdoor track (0-3, 0-4)
- 5/18 Mid-Wach D meet. Girls placed second with 109.5 points. Littleton won the event.
- 5/25-5/27 MIAA Division 6 state championships (at Westfield State). Eleven members of the team have qualified to compete in this statewide MIAA event.
Boys tennis (10-6, 10-7)
- 5/17 vs. Littleton, 5-0 win
- 5/22 Central Mass. championship quarterfinal vs. West Boylston, 5-0 win
- 5/23 Central Mass. championship semifinal vs. Bartlett, 3-2 win
- 5/26 Central Mass. championship final @Sutton, TBD
Girls tennis (11-0, 14-3)
- 5/17 @Littleton, 5-0
- 5/18 vs. Algonquin Regional, 3-2 loss
- 5/22 Central Mass. championship quarterfinal vs. David Prouty, 5-0 win
- 5/24 Central Mass. semifinal vs. Notre Dame Academy, 3-0 win
- 5/26 Central Mass. championship final vs. Sutton or Hopedale
- 5/20-5/21: USRowing Northeast Youth Championship Regatta. See story above.
Scheduled games and meets are shown from Friday, May 26, through Friday, June 2. The @ symbol designates an away contest (though sometimes conditions require these to be held at a home venue). NA means a score was not available at time of publication.
—Compiled by John Osborn