To sign up for any Council on Aging events or programs, to reserve a seat on the COA van, or for more information, please call 978-456-4120.
Unless otherwise noted, events are at Hildreth House and signup and payment are necessary in advance.
Let’s go to the movies
See a feature-length movie Monday, Jan. 14, at 1 p.m. in Volunteers Hall. The film, rated R, is “Juliet, Naked,” a comic account of life’s second chances, based on a novel by Nick Hornby.
Senior Medicare Patrol
On Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 12:30 p.m. the COA will offer a free workshop on ways to become better-educated health care consumers. Come learn how to protect yourselves and loved ones from Medicare fraud and deceptive marketing tactics. The session will be led by a representative from the Massachusetts Senior Medicare Patrol program.
Applications for fuel assistance can be made. The state gross annual income limits for fuel assistance are:
- $35,510 for a household of one.
- $46,437 for a household of two.
Also, Harvard offers a Harvard Energy Assistance Team (HEAT) program. If you are concerned about paying your heating bill, let COA know.
For mind, body, and soul
Call the COA to learn more or to join any of these classes:
- Weight Strengthening and Aerobics, Monday and Wednesday, 9 to 10 a.m., Congregational Church
- Line Dancing, Monday, 10:15 to 11:15 a.m., Congregational Church
- Tai Chi, Tuesday and Thursday, 9 to 10 a.m., Fellowship Building
- Stretch and Tone Yoga, Tuesday, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., and Friday, 9 to 10 a.m., Congregational Church
- Cardio Blast, Friday, 9 to 9:45 a.m., Fellowship Building
- Gentle Pilates, Wednesday, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Bodylines Pilates
Van drivers needed
Are you newly retired and looking for something to do? Want to work part time and support your community at the same time? The COA is looking for van drivers. If interested, call Debbie at the COA office.
- Women’s Coffee and Conversation; Fridays, 10 a.m.
- Men’s Coffee; Wednesdays, 8 a.m.
- Fiber Arts Group; Thursdays, 1 p.m.
- Mah Jong; Tuesdays, 1:15 p.m.
- Mens Bridge; Thursdays, 7:30 p.m.
- Pitch; Thursdays, 1 p.m.
- Cribbage; Mondays, 10 a.m.
Did you know?
- That a notary public is available each Thursday morning at Hildreth House?
- That you can pick up a copy of the monthly COA newsletter at the General Store, the library, or Carlson’s Orchards?
- That you may call the library at 978-456-4114 and ask to have books delivered to you if you are homebound or have a health issue?
- That knowledgeable computer volunteers are available each Tuesday and Friday at Hildreth House to help with technical issues?